- Typical agency needs...
- What we offer...
- Our platform and approach...
- Detailed elements...
Over the last decade we have worked with a wide range of Governmental and Non-Governmental agencies. It is clear that operating budgets are dwindling, yet at the same time more and more demands are being placed on a thinly-spread work force.
This situation, especially in the non-profit sector, is being compounded by agencies:
- wasting time through the use of inefficient procedures
- struggling with cumbersome record-keeping processes
- being burdened with statistical reporting requirements
- key staff leaving or retiring, and their replacements having to re-invent the wheel.
Our research has highlighted that agency managers have experienced difficulties in addressing their needs through conventional database management systems, with the following issues being highlighted:
- having to try and adapt their way of doing business to fit in with off-the-shelf software solutions
- finding the programming of complex software a daunting task
- not being able to afford the costs of custom software development
- uncooperative software vendors with respect to ongoing customization requests.
Next Solutions has developed its Application Development Platform to empower agencies to dramatically improve their productivity. Our early market research influenced our approach to the delivery of database management systems. In so doing, we have recognized the “non-negotiable” requirement for delivering fully customizable solutions at an affordable price.
Our resulting business philosophy has the following cornerstones:
- delivering fully customized systems, reflecting the unique requirements of, and procedures used by the end users
- enhancing the affordability of software customization through the use of our Platform and a subscription-based payment model
- offering a quick turnaround for ongoing customization requests, accommodated within the subscription costs
- providing for convenient technology management through cloud-based systems – no hardware acquisition or in-house technology resources required
- allowing for incremental implementation, reflecting available budgets and priority needs
We believe that by adopting this approach we can develop long and effective relationships with our clients, helping them improve productivity and stay abreast with matching their needs with available technology.
- We work closely with the client to develop an understanding of their business processes, and then virtualizing these in our system development.
- We have given significant attention to how our information is presented, focusing on the ease of on-screen reading..
- This key element of our customization approach is facilitated through the efficient development procedures offered by our platform.
- Our platform and approach is continually being refined to reflect technology advances and feedback from our users.
Our Application Development Platform
- The Application Development Platform has been developed through meshing Instructional Design principles and intuitive software technology.
- It comprises building blocks that can be efficiently assembled to build Database Management systems at a fraction of the cost of developing such systems from scratch.
- This allows us to build highly customized systems covering a wide variety of areas with much less development time than usual.
- A unique feature of our systems is that the architecture of each application reflects the practical process applied by the users in the course of undertaking their activities.
- We offer a variety of navigation techniques, which can be combined to best reflect how our clients work.
- Hierarchical drop-down menus
- Navigation trees
- Modal windows and dialog boxes
- At the core of many of our systems are our flexible forms, which allow clients to edit, display and report on their data.
- The forms and the fields they contain are highly customizable.
- We have an ever expanding set of field types that users can make use of.
- Forms and records can be linked together in many ways, allowing us to represent sophisticated business models in an intuitive way.
- We can build reports which allow clients to analyze their data in any number of ways.
- We can provide sophisticated data queries, and statistical reports, all with customizable filters.
- The data can be represented graphically, such as in pie, line and bar charts.
Other features and plugins
- Email and SMS mailouts, as well as mail-merges for regular mail
- Timesheets, GANTT charts and other management tools.
- Dynamic document generation in many formats, such as Microsoft Word or Excel.
- Customizable application skins and themes